- What personal information about you do we collect?
- For what purposes do we use your personal information? How secure is my personal information?
- Do we share your personal information?
- What choices do you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices?
- Details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-ERS websites that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us and/or enter on our Services. We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
- Here are the types of personal information we collect: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to ERS Services. You provide information to us when you fill out a contact form, communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise, complete a questionnaire, upload or submit images, videos, or files, apply for a job, or sign up for our e-newsletter or subscription services. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information:
- Identifying information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone numbers and contact preferences, contents of emails to us.
- Your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and contact preferences when you fill out a contact form, or sign up for our e-newsletter or subscription services.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums and chatrooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Information you may submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- If you contact us, we may record and keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Information We Collect – Automatically
In Short: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our website.
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
- Location information about your device’s location, which may be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device that you use to access the website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your location setting on your device. Note, however, that if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. ERS rely on partners to provide many features of our sites and Services using data about your use of ERS and other sites.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
In Short: We use your information to provide, develop, and improve our ERS services, communicate with you, and to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations with you and our clients, and/or with your consent.
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, and send service communications.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- Create custom audiences on social media sites.
- To post testimonials or request feedback from you.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of services.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
In Short: We are not in the business of selling your personal information to others. We only share information as described below, to comply with laws and contractual obligations, to provide you with ERS Services, to protect your rights, to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you, or to fulfill business obligations.
- Service Providers: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: providers of analytics services; hosting services; email delivery services; customer service and marketing vendors; and IT vendors.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms they place on your device. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls they make available to you.
- Corporate Affiliates: We share data with other members of our group of companies.
- To protect our users, website, property or in emergency situations when we believe we have a lawful basis to do so.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Sharing of Aggregated Data
We may share aggregated or de-identified data at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers. These other companies will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Combination of Information
We may combine information from the Services together with other information we obtain from our business records. Additionally, information collected about you from a particular browser or device may be linked to information collected from another computer or device that we believe relates to you.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers and mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature or setting that you can activate to signal your privacy preferences regarding the monitoring and collection of your online browsing activities. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for DNT signals has been recognized. Therefore, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt out preferences.
Your California Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-985-507-2011.
California Shine the Light
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from ERS regarding third parties to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email email@example.com or write to us at Emergent Risk Solutions, 7350 Jefferson Hwy, Suite 485-152, Baton Rouge, LA 70806.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. You also have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
Disclosed for Business Purpose?
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, and email address
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Audio or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ personal information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete the personal information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your personal information through one of two means:
(1) By sending a detailed request to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) By calling us at 1-985-507-2011
In order to process your request to know/access or delete personal information we collect, disclose, or share, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to
- provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and
- confirm your request using the email or telephone account stated in the request; or
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes here, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Emergent Risk Solutions, LLC
7350 Jefferson Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70806